Why join Orange County Multimedia Association? Glad you asked!
Join OCMMA online and pay with PayPal.
- Network with fellow members at up to 4 meetings per month.
- Have your work/capabilities/industry be promoted by OCMMA.
- Have your personal or business banner ad posted on the OCMMA web site.
- Share job/project opportunities.
- Help each other when needed.
- Find additional resources to satisfy your client's needs.
Be in the know:
- Be exposed to the full gamut of what's happening in our dynamic business:
- Web design/programming/commerce.
- Interactive Game, training and marketing program authoring.
- 2D & 3D animation.
- Video/music/audio production and effects.
- Graphic design & production for print media
- Raising capital, project management, business planning.
- Learn of coming industry trends before they impact you.
- Stay out in front of the New Media technology wave.
- Learn tips and tricks related to your specialty.
- Stay up to date with the latest software advances.
- Get acquainted with other players in the business.
- Hang out with creative people who love to do what they do.
- Enjoy entertaining programs each month.
- Win valuable prizes raffled at each OCMMA meeting!
- Be wowed by annual special programs.
The mission of the Orange County MultiMedia Association is to serve the region's media arts creative designers, content producers, industry managers, and entrepreneurs by:
- Promoting members' products, services and capabilities.
- Linking companies, customers, enterprise partners, and application specialists
- developing strong alliances between the business, education, government, and interactive communities.
- Educating about the media arts and its evolving tools, technology, resources and market dynamics.
- Advocating the central role of digital convergence awareness in the emerging knowledge economy.
OCMMA Annual Membership is $125. This continues to be a valuable savings.
Here’s a breakdown showing your savings if you have an annual membership vs.paying at the door:
Annual Dues vs. Paying At The Door
|General/Creative Suite (general mtg. is $15 per meeting)
|One Special Interest Meeting ($10 per meeting)
|Totals: Annual Membership: $125
We are pleased with the advances OCMMA has made and are passing along the benefits to our members. We now sponsor 4 groups which meet each month. Each of them is a separate Adobe User Group. They are:
- OC Flash Interactive
- Web Video Crossroads
- Creative Suite Orange County / General Meeting
- DV/Adobe After Effects Abuser Group
What this means to you:
- Twice a year for each group, we will raffle off an Adobe software bundle of the winner’s choice (one software or software bundle not to exceed $2100 in retail value). This means you have 8 chances per year to win!
- Because of the ongoing advances in multimedia technology, having Adobe User Group status gives us an inside track on current and future trends, giving our members a better idea of where to put their time, energy, and money for a more rapid return on investment.
Of course you will still have all the benefits you have come to appreciate about OCMMA such as:
- Being connected with multimedia professionals for collaboration, networking and problem solving.
- Being in the know by attending a wide range of multimedia meetings, and getting the answers to your questions, saving precious research time.
- Having fun by hanging out with creative individuals and attending some of our social events.
Last Updated on Thursday, 04 October 2012 16:05
Adobe User Groups
Creative Suite User Group
The Creative Suite User Group provides educational presentations organized around applications in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more. The Creative Suite User Group meets jointly with the General Meeting of OCMMA every third Tuesday of the month. Visit the Creative Suite User Group page.
Digital Video / After Effects Abuser Group
The Digital Video/After Effects Abuser Group brings together presentations on video editing and special effects software. The DV/AE Abuser Group meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Visit the DV / After Effects Abuser Group page.
OC Interactive deals with all aspects of design and production of interactivity and animation in applications delivered across the full spectrum of desktop, web and mobile device platforms. Topics include programming, user interface design, 2D and 3D animation, and professional business development. Visit the OC Interactive User Group page.
Web Video Crossroads
The Web Video Crossroads User Group addresses all aspects of video on the web and mobile devices. Web designers, web developers, and video/audio producers are welcome to discuss the latest developments in this fast-changing industry. The Web Video Crossroads User Group meets on the second Thursday of each month. Visit the Web Video Crossroads User Group page.